Here I’d like to share the Summary of my Istanbul Trip 4-8 January 2015. I’ve also summarized the opening hours, the closing day(s), and entrance fees of some major places of interest in Istanbul, you can find it here. When you develop your own itinerary for the trip to Istanbul, make sure to double-check the opening hours and closing day(s) of the destinations, as they might change season to season.
I will write more detail about each day of my visit later. In the meantime, you can scroll through the summary.
Day 1 – 4 January 2015
- We had lunch at the hotel since we reached the hotel at just about the lunch time
- And we had kabab for dinner from nearby restaurant. It was raining, we couldn’t really explore for options.
- The detail for day 1 is already available here.
Day 2 – 5 January 2015
|2||Lunch at Sultanahmet Area||12.00-13.00||Walk|
|3||Grand Bazaar||13.00-15.00||Tram to Kapali Carsi|
|4||Yeni Camii||15.00-17.00||Tram to Eminonu|
|5||Galata Tower||17.00-19.00||Tram to Karakoy and Walk to Galata Tower|
|6||Return to Sultanahmet -> Dinner||19.00-20.00||Walk to Karakoy and Tram to Sultanahmet|
- There are some restaurants near the Sultanahmet tram station. Tastes are nice, and prices are okay. I had mashed potato stuffed with chicken for the lunch, and a plate of kabab for the dinner.
- You can perform the prayer at Yeni Camii (New Mosque).
- Yeni Camii Meydani (Plaza) is behind the mosque. We were sitting at the plaza and but didn’t notice that next to it is actually the Spice Bazaar 🙂
The schedule below covers only selected major places of interest in Istanbul. And it is valid as of my visit to Istanbul, 04-08 January 2015.
|Places||Opening Hours||Closing Day(s)||Entrance Fee|
|Topkapi Palace||09.00 – 17.00||Tuesday||Palace 30 TL, Hareem 15 TL|
|Hagia Sophia||09.00 – 16.45||Monday||30 TL|
|Sultanahmet Mosque||Close 15 mins before/after prayer|
|Basilica Cistern||09.00 – 17.00||20 TL|
|Grand Bazaar||09.00 – 19.00||Sunday|
|Spice Bazaar||08.00 – 19.00||Sunday|
|Galata Tower||09.00 – 20.00||25 TL|
|Dolmabahce Palace||09.00 – 16.00||Monday and Thursday||40 TL|
|Beylerberyi Palace||09.00 – 16.00||Monday||20 TL|
|Rumeli Hisari||09.00-18.00||Wednesday||10 TL|